FollowMee Forums   Home    Forums    Active Topics    Search
    Login
FollowMee Forums >> Phone Specific Discussion >> Blackberry >> Map no longer tracking
Map no longer tracking
Author Topic
stellawhittle

Posted: 2012-08-21 03:58:33 PM

Map has not updated the location of BB since 12:51pm, although the location of the BB has moved approximately 120 miles. What could cause this?
chris12

Forum Regular

Posted: 2012-08-21 08:47:19 PM

It is hard to say which situation is currently affecting the device. If you have the device, you can look into the app to see if any error message. If you need help, you can send the log file to us and we can investigate for you. To send the log file, open the app and click Action - Email Supports.

stellawhittle

Posted: 2012-08-22 10:40:35 AM

I don't have the device, so unfortunately I can't do this. I do however have the same device on this program as well, and it is tracking just fine. The device in question has now moved an additional 150 miles, and is still showing the same location as yesterday @ 12:51pm. Very frustrating. No reason to buy the license.
sungjooum

Posted: 2012-08-22 10:56:04 AM

If you have SMS setup, try remotely rebooting the phone.

"FMEE username reboot"

I think other command are "start" "stop" "location"

Perhaps the battery is dead or there is no network coverage.

Was it setup for Vechicle Tracking or Cell phone tracking?

I bought the deluxe license and am very happy with it. I am using it on a "cheap" 8330 curve running on a prepaid wireless service.
xtcian

Posted: 2013-04-13 10:43:12 AM

I am also happy with the delux, I have found my phone also didn't update on map, but reasons for this was one of 3,
Nr 1:no gps signal, fone is in a bag inside car with (no way to fix that)
Nr2: phone didn't move and uses same celltower (that's a good thing)
Nr3: no airtime!!! This a bad one, I wanted to slap myself for forgetting to buy bis :)

Oops nr4 is no cell coverage, you won't find signal in middle of bush or sea ;)

But 90% of the time the gps is to blame, if your fone cannot find a satalite then it cannot send a location, only cure is to wait, eventually they will walk outside and then you find them, (accuraccy 1-5m :)
xtcian

Posted: 2013-04-20 02:25:40 AM

oohhh double oops-oops?
I just found nr5!!!
my torch kills a proccess when it thinks it uses to much proccess power lol. I have to look into settings to avoid that :P

so to garantee followme is always running... have thatauto restart thingy running... like 3am in morning when everyone is sleeping. then you will have a fresh tracker when you wake up :))

smartphones these days is like a windows pc, it needs restarting every now and then.
If you dont have access to phone then send the reboot sms command, it also works. :)

FollowMee.com DMG Forums 3.2