FollowMee Forums   Home    Forums    Active Topics    Search
    Login
FollowMee Forums >> Phone Specific Discussion >> iPhone >> Battery exhausted, iPhone powered, will the app restart itself?
Battery exhausted, iPhone powered, will the app restart itself?
Author Topic
scythe

Posted: 2019-02-20 05:17:09 AM

Situation: App in car tracker mode, connected to power that cycles with the car ignition, the battery of the iPhone reached a low level such that the iPhone shutdown. Obviously tracking was not available.

Then the car was started, the iPhone was not touched, and the drove several km''s, but still no tracking was recorded. At the end of trip the iPhone had restarted itself and was found to have 30% battery.

My question: Why didn''t the app restart and resume tracking when the iPhone restarted? Thanks.
Administrator

Best of the Best

Posted: 2019-02-20 05:21:54 PM

Do you have passcode/pin enabled in your iphone, FollowMee GPS tracker mobile app will not restart itself automatically when your iphone is charged and restarts. It will restart itself if you unlock the phone. If you cannot access the phone to unlock it, you can send a on-demand location update and this will restart the app.

If you don''t have passcode/pin enabled in your iphone, the app can restart itself after the phone restarts.

scythe

Posted: 2019-02-24 05:53:45 AM

OK yes I have a passcode enabled to keep the iPhone secure. I''ll try it without. Thanks.

FollowMee.com DMG Forums 3.2